DUOVIR Tablet 60's
By Cipla Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is DUOVIR Tablet used for?
DUOVIR Tablet is an anti-retroviral medicine, which is used for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection and chronic hepatitis B infection.
Lamivudine may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DUOVIR Tablet work?
DUOVIR Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called reverse transcriptase inhibitors. Lamivudine and Zidovudine prevent the replication of HIV in the human cells. This stops HIV from producing the new viruses and reduces the progression of the disease. This combination is also used to reduce the risk of HIV transmission.
How to take DUOVIR Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take DUOVIR Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. You may also crush the tablet and combine them with a small amount of food or drink if you cannot swallow the tablets whole. You must take the crushed tablet immediately.
If you miss a dose of DUOVIR Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with DUOVIR Tablet?
Drugs that interact with DUOVIR Tablet include the following:
- Sodium valproate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DUOVIR Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of DUOVIR Tablet:
- Stomach pain
- Feeling dizzy
- Tiredness, lack of energy
- Loss of appetite
- Fever (high temperature)
- Difficulty in sleeping (insomnia)
- Muscle pain and discomfort
- General feeling of being unwell
- Irritated or runny nose
- Joint pain
- Hair loss
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Lactic acidosis
- Chest pain
- Swelling of the face, tongue or throat
- Feeling depressed or anxious
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions DUOVIR Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to DUOVIR Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on DUOVIR Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of DUOVIR Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Be cautious while taking DUOVIR Tablet if you have any liver impairment.
You are advised not to take DUOVIR Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discoloration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking DUOVIR Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of muscle problems, abnormal blood cell counts, liver disease, diabetes, nerve or kidney problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about DUOVIR Tablet
- Can I stop taking DUOVIR Tablet if I feel better?
- How should DUOVIR Tablet be stored?
- What are the other formulations available for DUOVIR Tablet?
- How long can I take DUOVIR Tablet?
- Does DUOVIR Tablet weaken the bones?
No. Do not discontinue the medicine without consulting your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation may lead to reoccurrence of the disease.
Store the drug at room temperature and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
DUOVIR Tablet is available as tablet.
DUOVIR Tablet should be taken till the course is completed. Abrupt discontinuation of the medicine may lead to recurrence of the disease.
Use of DUOVIR Tablet may cause reduced blood supply to certain parts of the bones, which may lead to a condition called osteonecrosis. The symptoms of osteonecrosis include stiffness in the joints, severe pain, and difficulty moving.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.