DUOVA 200md Inhaler
By Cipla Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is DUOVA 200md used for?
DUOVA 200md is used for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). This combination reduces the severity of following signs and symptoms in patients with COPD:
- Tightness in the chest
- Shortness of breath
- Chronic cough with sputum
DUOVA 200md may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DUOVA 200md work?
DUOVA 200md is a combination of long-acting beta-agonist and anticholinergic agent respectively. Formoterol fumarate inhibits the release of inflammatory mediators such as histamines and leukotrienes, and helps in the relaxation of bronchial muscles.
Tiotropium Bromide acts on certain receptors in the bronchioles of the lung and prevents the spasm of the airway wall. Thus, DUOVA 200md relieves the symptoms of COPD by bronchodilation and aids in easier breathing.
How to use DUOVA 200md?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
DUOVA 200md should be inhaled by mouth using an inhaler and should never be swallowed directly. Before using it, shake the inhaler for at least 10 seconds.
If you miss a dose of DUOVA 200md, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of DUOVA 200md may include:
- Muscle pain
- Shortness of breath
What are the drugs that interact with DUOVA 200md?
Drugs that interact with DUOVA 200md include the following:
- Potassium chloride
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DUOVA 200md?
The following are the most common side effects of DUOVA 200md:
- Dry mouth and throat
- Stomach upset
- Stuffy nose
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurred vision
- Rapid heartbeat (tachycardia)
- Chest pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions DUOVA 200md?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to DUOVA 200md or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on DUOVA 200md.
- Avoid DUOVA 200md during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to use DUOVA 200mdif:
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking DUOVA 200md?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney problem, glaucoma, urinary problems, heart disease, high blood pressure, or congestive heart failure, epilepsy, diabetes, overactive thyroid or irregular heartbeat.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about DUOVA 200md
- I am on DUOVA 200md for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- How should DUOVA 200md be stored?
- Can I take other medications while on DUOVA 200md?
- What are the other formulations available for DUOVA 200md?
- How long should I take DUOVA 200md?
No, you should not discontinue DUOVA 200md without consulting your doctor.
Store the drug below 25°C in a cool and dry place. Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
It is important to consult your doctor before taking any other drug with DUOVA 200md, because certain combination of drugs may cause serious side effects that worsen the condition.
DUOVA 200md is available only in the form of an inhaler.
You must use the inhaler as recommended by the doctor. Do not discontinue the drug until advised by the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.