What is DUOPRIDE Tablet used for?
DUOPRIDE Tablet is used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Gastric and duodenal ulcers
- Erosive oesophagitis
- Ulcers due toPylori
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome
- Chronic Gastritis
DUOPRIDE Tablet may also prescribe for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DUOPRIDE Tablet work?
In DUOPRIDE Tablet, Itopride belongs to the class of drugs called gastro-intestinal tract regulators. Itopride acts by increasing the concentration of acetylcholine, which in turn promotes gastric motility and improves gastro-duodenal coordination.
Rabeprazole belongs to the class of drugs called as proton-pump inhibitor. This drug acts by inhibiting gastric acid secretion by binding to certain sites on the secretary surface of gastric parietal cells.
How to take DUOPRIDE Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take DUOPRIDE Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the whole capsule. Do not open, crush, chew or suck the capsule. Take the drug 30 minutes before or two hours after having a meal.
If you miss a dose of DUOPRIDE Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed.
What are the drugs that interact with DUOPRIDE Tablet?
Drugs that interact with DUOPRIDE Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DUOPRIDE Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of DUOPRIDE Tablet:
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Atrophic gastritis
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome
- Epidermal necrolysis
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions DUOPRIDE Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to DUOPRIDE Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid using DUOPRIDE Tablet if using any drugs containing antacids.
- Seek a doctor’s advice before using any antibiotics along with DUOPRIDE Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking DUOPRIDE Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take DUOPRIDE Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking DUOPRIDE Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, kidney, liver or any respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about DUOPRIDE Tablet
- Is it safe to use DUOPRIDE Tablet in elderly patients?
- Is it safe use DUOPRIDE Tablet during lactation?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking DUOPRIDE Tablet?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking DUOPRIDE Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of DUOPRIDE Tablet?
DUOPRIDE Tablet can be used with caution in elderly patients when advised by the doctor.
DUOPRIDE Tablet might affect the health of a nursing infant. Therefore, it is unsafe to use this drug during lactation.
Bone mineral tests and Blood electrolyte levels must be regularly monitored while using DUOPRIDE Tablet.
You must follow a diet rich in magnesium supplements, such as green leafy vegetables, dried fruits and fish while using DUOPRIDE Tablet.
No. Do not change the dose of DUOPRIDE Tablet unless suggested by the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.