DUBIX K Tablet 10's
By Eris Lifesciences Ltd Prescription Needed
What is DUBIX K Tablet used for?
DUBIX K Tablet is used for the treatment of pain and inflammation caused due to haemorrhage, bleeding and clotting disorders. It is also used to treat heavy bleeding during menstruation.
DUBIX K Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DUBIX K Tablet work?
In DUBIX K Tablet, Mefenamic acid is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAIDs). It acts by inhibiting the production of inflammatory mediators, which results in decreasing the pain and inflammation.
Tranexamic acid belongs to the class of drugs called anti-fibrinolytic agents. It acts by preventing the dissolution of clots.
The exact mechanism of Vitamin K is not known. However, it acts by enabling the production of clotting factors in the body.
How to take DUBIX K Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take DUBIX K Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of DUBIX K Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of DUBIX K Tablet may include:
- Epigastric pain
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with DUBIX K Tablet?
Drugs that interact with DUBIX K Tablet include the following:
- Ethinyl estradiol
- Immune globulin intravenous
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DUBIX K Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of DUBIX K Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Peptic ulcer
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Allergic reactions
- Blurry vision
- Exfoliative dermatitis
- Gastrointestinal perforation
- Hearing impairment
- Heart attack
- Hepatic failure
- Impaired renal function
- Liver necrosis
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions DUBIX K Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to DUBIX K Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of DUBIX K Tablet.
- Avoid DUBIX K Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking DUBIX K Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take DUBIX K Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking DUBIX K Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of gastrointestinal bleeding, gastrointestinal perforation, heart, liver and kidney disorders.
- Inform your doctor before taking aspirin, warfarin or other anticoagulant drugs.
- If you have to undergo any surgery or medical procedure, you must inform the doctor about the use of DUBIX K Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of DUBIX K Tablet.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about DUBIX K Tablet
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking DUBIX K Tablet?
- I am on DUBIX K Tablet for gastrointestinal bleeding. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of DUBIX K Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking DUBIX K Tablet?
- How should DUBIX K Tablet be stored?
Avoid consumption of alcohol while taking DUBIX K Tablet medicine as it increases the risk of bleeding and perforations in the gastrointestinal tract.
No, it is not advised to discontinue to take DUBIX K Tablet tablet. However, please consult your doctor if you feel better.
It is not advised to alter the dose of DUBIX K Tablet.
It is advised to monitor your complete blood cell count, blood pressure, liver function and kidney function while taking DUBIX K Tablet.
Store DUBIX K Tablet tablet in a cool and dry place at room temperature.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.