DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet 10's
Rs.318.00 (45% Savings)
Rs.436.00 (25% Savings)
Rs.451.50 (22% Savings)
Rs.458.00 (21% Savings)
Rs.465.71 (20% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet used for?
DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet tablet/capsule is used for the treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding. It is also used to induce menstrual cycle and relieve symptoms of pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS).
DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet gel/spray is used to relieve breast pain and expansion of cervix.
DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet injection is used for the treatment of infertility in females.
DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet pessaries are used for the treatment of puerperal depression.
DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet work?
DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called steroid hormones. The drug acts by reducing the frequency of gonadotropin-releasing hormone from the hypothalamus by binding to the progesterone and oestrogen receptors. It also decreases the follicular maturation and ovulation by suppressing the secretion of pituitary gonadotropin.
How to use DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the whole tablet/capsule. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take the drug with food. Taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Apply a thin layer of DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet gel over the affected area and ensure the area is clean and dry before application.
- DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet injection should be administered only under the medical supervision.
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet:
- Sore on the skin
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Irregular heartbeat
- Vaginal bleeding
- Joint pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Be cautious while using DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to use DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering, or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney or respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet
- What are the contraindications of DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet?
- Is DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet used in hormone replacement therapy?
- Does lack of DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet cause polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet?
DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet is contraindicated in patients with myocardial infarction, venous thromboembolism, pulmonary embolism and retinal thrombosis.
Yes. DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet is used in hormone replacement therapy to decrease the symptoms of menopause.
Yes, lack of DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet causes polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), due to the failure of the ovary to release the egg.
It is advised to avoid caffeinated foods, such as coffee and tea and increase a diet rich in magnesium, folate and vitamin supplements while taking DUBAGEST SR 400mg Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.