What is DOXT SL 100mg Capsule used for?
DOXT SL 100mg Capsule capsule is used for the treatment of diarrhoea and certain bacterial infections.
DOXT SL 100mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DOXT SL 100mg Capsule work?
In DOXT SL 100mg Capsule, Doxycycline belongs to the class of drugs called tetracycline antibiotics. The drug acts by interfering with the bacterial protein synthesis by binding to ribosomal subunits. Thus, it prevents the growth of bacteria.
Lactic acid is a probiotic that acts by normalising gastrointestinal flora and enhances the process of digestion.
How to take DOXT SL 100mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take DOXT SL 100mg Capsule capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the capsule Do not crush or tear open the capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of DOXT SL 100mg Capsule, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with DOXT SL 100mg Capsule?
Drugs that interact with DOXT SL 100mg Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DOXT SL 100mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of DOXT SL 100mg Capsule:
- Increased thirst
- Common cold
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Vision changes
- Severe headache
- Decreased vision
- Stomach cramps
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking DOXT SL 100mg Capsule?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to DOXT SL 100mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of DOXT SL 100mg Capsule.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if DOXT SL 100mg Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid DOXT SL 100mg Capsule during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take DOXT SL 100mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking DOXT SL 100mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about DOXT SL 100mg Capsule
- How should DOXT SL 100mg Capsule be stored?
- Should I follow any dietary restrictions while taking DOXT SL 100mg Capsule?
- Is it safe to receive cholera vaccine while taking DOXT SL 100mg Capsule?
DOXT SL 100mg Capsule should be stored at room temperature (15-30°C) away from heat, light and moisture.
It is advised to avoid spicy food, raw vegetables, milk and other dairy products while taking DOXT SL 100mg Capsule.
No. It is advised not to receive cholera vaccine while taking DOXT SL 100mg Capsule, as it reduces the effect of vaccine. However, please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.