Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
DOXORIL Syrup 100ml
What is DOXORIL Syrup used for?
DOXORIL Syrup tablet/syrup/injection is used for the treatment of lung diseases, such as chronic bronchitis, asthma, emphysema and reversible airway obstructions.
DOXORIL Syrup may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DOXORIL Syrup work?
DOXORIL Syrup belongs to the class of drugs called xanthines. The drug acts by inhibiting phosphodiesterase activities and enhances the bronchodilating effects. Thus, it increases the airflow to the lungs by relaxing the smooth muscles of airways that supply oxygen to the lungs.
How to use DOXORIL Syrup?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use DOXORIL Syrup tablet/syrup/injection as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- In case of syrup , shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- DOXORIL Syrup injection is administered subcutaneously into the muscle. Always use a disposable needle and syringe for injecting the medicine.
If you miss a dose of DOXORIL Syrup, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
If you miss a dose of DOXORIL Syrup injection, please consult your doctor immediately.
The overdose symptoms of DOXORIL Syrup include the following:
- Increased heart rate
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with DOXORIL Syrup?
Drugs that interact with DOXORIL Syrup include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DOXORIL Syrup?
The following are the most common side effects of DOXORIL Syrup:
- Stomach pain
- Muscle weakness
- Increased heartbeat
- Increased blood sugar levels
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Epigastric pain
- Paroxysmal spasm
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using DOXORIL Syrup?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to DOXORIL Syrup or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before using any other drug or herbal products while on
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Be cautious while using DOXORIL Syrup if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Avoid DOXORIL Syrup during breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Be cautious while using DOXORIL Syrup medication if you have hyperthyroidism (elevated thyroid hormone levels).
You are advised not to use DOXORIL Syrup if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using DOXORIL Syrup?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart rhythm disorders or seizures.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from influenza.
Frequently Asked Questions about DOXORIL Syrup
- Is it safe to alter the dose of DOXORIL Syrup?
- Is it safe to use DOXORIL Syrup medication during pregnancy?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while using DOXORIL Syrup?
- What are the contraindications of DOXORIL Syrup?
- Is it safe to use DOXORIL Syrup if I recently received flu vaccine?
No. Altering the dose of DOXORIL Syrup is not advisable as it can increase the risk of side effects.
Consult your doctor regarding the potential risks and benefits of DOXORIL Syrup medication during pregnancy.
Minimize the use of caffeine or caffeine-containing products while using DOXORIL Syrup.
Be cautious while using DOXORIL Syrup medication if you are suffering from peptic ulcer disease as it can worsen the existing symptoms.
Be cautious while using DOXORIL Syrup medication if you have recently taken flu vaccination.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.