What is DOXINATE OD Tablet used for?
DOXINATE OD Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Morning sickness during pregnancy
- Nutritional deficiencies
DOXINATE OD Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DOXINATE OD Tablet work?
In DOXINATE OD Tablet, Doxylamine belongs to the class of drugs called anti-histamine agents. The drug acts by inhibiting the release of certain substances that causes nausea and vomiting. Thus, it helps in treating the condition.
Folic acid and pyridoxine are the nutritional supplements that act by providing enough nutrients required for the proper functioning and development of the body.
How to take DOXINATE OD Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take DOXINATE OD Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of DOXINATE OD Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with DOXINATE OD Tablet?
Drugs that interact with DOXINATE OD Tablet include the following:
- Citric acid
- Potassium citrate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DOXINATE OD Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of DOXINATE OD Tablet:
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Muscle weakness
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Vision problems
- Irregular heartbeat
- Abdominal cramps
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking DOXINATE OD Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to DOXINATE OD Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of DOXINATE OD Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if DOXINATE OD Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid DOXINATE OD Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take DOXINATE OD Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking DOXINATE OD Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney, liver or respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about DOXINATE OD Tablet
- How should DOXINATE OD Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to take DOXINATE OD Tablet in seizure patients?
- Can I undergo any laboratory tests while taking DOXINATE OD Tablet?
DOXINATE OD Tablet should be stored at room temperature (15-30°C) away from heat, light and moisture.
No. It is not advised to take DOXINATE OD Tablet in seizure patients, as it worsens the condition.
No. It is advised not to undergo any laboratory tests while taking DOXINATE OD Tablet, as it alters the test results.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.