What is Calcium Dobesilate used for?
Calcium Dobesilate tablet/capsule is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Diabetic retinopathy
Calcium Dobesilate may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Calcium Dobesilate work?
Calcium Dobesilate belongs to the class of drugs called vasoprotective agents. The drug acts by regulating certain physiological functions and restores the blood flow by reducing the blood viscosity.
How to take Calcium Dobesilate?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Calcium Dobesilate tablet/capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule . Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of Calcium Dobesilate, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Calcium Dobesilate?
Consult your doctor for the potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Calcium Dobesilate?
The following are the most common side effects of Calcium Dobesilate:
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Skin rash
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Calcium Dobesilate?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to Calcium Dobesilate or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of Calcium Dobesilate.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Calcium Dobesilate causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take Calcium Dobesilate if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Calcium Dobesilate?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of respiratory, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about Calcium Dobesilate
- Can Calcium Dobesilate be used for treating varicose veins?
- Can I stop taking Calcium Dobesilate medicine when I feel better?
- Should I undergo any laboratory tests while taking Calcium Dobesilate?
Yes. Calcium Dobesilate can be used in the treatment of varicose veins when prescribed by the doctor.
No. It is not advisable to discontinue taking Calcium Dobesilate medicine. Discontinuing the drug may cause adverse side effects.
It is advised to undergo regular blood test while taking Calcium Dobesilate.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.