Rs.30.00 (24% Savings)
Rs.39.00 (1% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is DONICA 25mg Capsule used for?
DONICA 25mg Capsule is used for the treatment of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and gouty arthritis.
DONICA 25mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DONICA 25mg Capsule work?
DONICA 25mg Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). This drug acts by decreasing the synthesis of prostaglandin. Thus, it reduces pain and inflammation.
How to take DONICA 25mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take DONICA 25mg Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of DONICA 25mg Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of DONICA 25mg Capsule include:
- Coughing up blood
- Shallow breathing
- Bloody stools
- Stomach pain
What are the drugs that interact with DONICA 25mg Capsule?
Drugs that interact with DONICA 25mg Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DONICA 25mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of DONICA 25mg Capsule:
- Mild headache
- Trouble concentrating
- General discomfort
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Sour stomach
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions DONICA 25mg Capsule?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to DONICA 25mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Do not take indomethacin if you are using Probenecid.
- Do not use DONICA 25mg Capsule during pregnancy and breast feeding.
- Use DONICA 25mg Capsule only in prescribed doses.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to take DONICA 25mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking DONICA 25mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of congestive heart failure, kidney or liver problems, urinary problems, seizures, mouth sores, and bleeding problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about DONICA 25mg Capsule
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking DONICA 25mg Capsule?
- Is it safe to use Amikacin while on DONICA 25mg Capsule?
- Can I breastfeed while on DONICA 25mg Capsule?
- Is it safe to use DONICA 25mg Capsule in case of stomach ulcer?
- I am on DONICA 25mg Capsule. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
You must undergo certain tests such as kidney function tests, liver function tests, lung function test, blood count, blood electrolytes while using DONICA 25mg Capsule.
No. Do not use Amikacin along with DONICA 25mg Capsule. Please consult your doctor before using the drug.
No. It is not safe to use DONICA 25mg Capsule during breastfeeding.
No. DONICA 25mg Capsule is contraindicated in patients with stomach ulcers.
No. Do not stop taking DONICA 25mg Capsule even if you feel is better. Change or stop using the drug only when advised by the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.