|Available substitute||6 substitute/s available|
Rs.23.00 (8% Savings)
Rs.23.52 (6% Savings)
Rs.23.52 (6% Savings)
Rs.24.49 (2% Savings)
Rs.24.49 (2% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Domperidone used for?
Domperidone tablet, oral drop, syrup, suspension is used for relieving the symptoms of nausea and vomiting. Also, it is used to treat gastric motility disorders.
Domperidone may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Domperidone work?
Domperidone belongs to the class of drugs called anti-emetic agents. The drug acts by facilitating the gastric emptying and reducing the small bowel transit time. Thereby, it lowers the oesophageal sphincter pressure and increases the oesophageal and gastric peristalsis.
How to take Domperidone?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Domperidone tablet, oral drop, syrup/suspension as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug before taking food.
- In case of syrup , shake the suspension well before taking each dose to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- For oral drops , measure the required amount of drug in a graduated dropper and instil into the mouth.
If you miss a dose of Domperidone, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of Domperidone include the following:
- Irregular eye movements
- Strange body movements
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with Domperidone?
Drugs that interact with Domperidone include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Domperidone?
The following are the most common side effects of Domperidone:
- Dry mouth
- Breast pain and tenderness
- Decreased libido
- Disrupted menstrual cycle
- Breast growth in men
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Skin Rash
- Breathing problems
- Swelling of the face, hands and feet
- Heart rhythm disorders
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Domperidone?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Domperidone or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Domperidone medication.
- Be cautious while taking Domperidone medication if you have any intestinal disorders.
- Consult your doctor before taking Domperidone medication during breastfeeding.
- Be cautious while taking Domperidone medicine if you are suffering from a long-time electrolyte imbalance.
You are advised not to take Domperidone if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Domperidone?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell the doctor if you have undergone any surgical procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions about Domperidone
- How should Domperidone be stored?
- How much time does Domperidone take to show its effect?
- Is it safe to take Domperidone medication while suffering from a liver disease?
- Is it safe to take Domperidone medication during pregnancy?
- Is Domperidone medication safe to use in geriatric patients?
Domperidone should be stored at room temperature (15 - 30°C) away from heat, light and moisture. Keep the medication out of reach of children.
It takes 30 to 60 minutes for Domperidone medication to show its effect.
It is not advisable to take Domperidone medicine while suffering from hepatic impairment.
Consult your doctor regarding the potential risks and benefits of Domperidone medication during pregnancy.
Be cautious while taking Domperidone medicine in older adults as they are more susceptible to the risk of side effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.