What is DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet used for?
DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet is used for the treatment of neuropathic pain and seizures. It is also used to treat nutritional deficiencies associated with neuronal disorders.
DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet work?
In DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet, Gabapentin belongs to the class of drugs called anti-epileptics. The drug acts by inhibiting the calcium channel activity of the damaged nerve cells and helps in reducing the neuropathic pain. Mecobalamin belongs to the vitamin B group, which provides the essential nutrients.
How to take DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole, but do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet with or without food. Also, it should be taken at the same time every day to maintain consistent drug levels in the body.
If you miss a dose of DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet, take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet?
The drugs that interact with DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet:
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Gastrointestinal discomfort
- Persistent vomiting
- Skin rash
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet?
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet.
- Avoid DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet during pregnancy because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Consult the doctor immediately if you have swollen lips, tongue or throat.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet.
- Consult the doctor immediately if you feel more depressed while taking DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet?
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing kidney or liver diseases.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to Gabapentin or Mecobalamin.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet
- How should DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet be stored?
- What are the overdose symptoms of DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of the DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet?
- Can I give DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet to my 10-year-old child?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet?
DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet is stored at room temperature (20 – 25OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
The overdose symptoms of DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet include swelling of lips, throat, and difficulty breathing. You must immediately seek medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
No, DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet dose is prescribed depending on the complexity of neuropathic pain. Therefore, altering the dose is not advised.
No, DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet should be used only by the individual for whom it is prescribed. Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
Yes, DOLONEURON 100mg Tablet may lead to a rise in blood pressure. Therefore, continuous monitoring of the blood pressure is necessary to avoid further complications.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.