What is DOCOFER Syrup used for?
DOCOFER Syrup tablet/capsule/injection/suspension/syrup is used for the treatment of anaemia and deficiency disorders.
DOCOFER Syrup may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DOCOFER Syrup work?
In DOCOFER Syrup, Folic Acid belongs to the class of drugs called vitamins and minerals. The drug acts by producing certain chemicals necessary for red blood cell production, thereby treating anaemia. It also promotes white blood cells and platelet production.
Iron belongs to the class of drugs called vitamins and minerals. The drug acts by producing haemoglobin, thereby treating anaemia.
How to use DOCOFER Syrup?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use DOCOFER Syrup tablet /capsule/injection/suspension/syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule.
- Shake the suspensions/syrup well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- DOCOFER Syrup Injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of DOCOFER Syrup, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with DOCOFER Syrup?
Drugs that interact with DOCOFER Syrup include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DOCOFER Syrup?
The following are the most common side effects of DOCOFER Syrup:
- Upset stomach
- Stool discolouration
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using DOCOFER Syrup?
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of DOCOFER Syrup.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if DOCOFER Syrup cause dizziness and blurred vision.
You are advised not to use DOCOFER Syrup if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using DOCOFER Syrup?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, such as alcohol abuse, liver disorders, ulcers colitis and hemochromatosis and haemosiderosis.
- Tell your doctor if you become pregnant while taking DOCOFER Syrup.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of DOCOFER Syrup.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about DOCOFER Syrup
- Can I recommend this medication to others?
- Is it normal to experience constipation while using DOCOFER Syrup?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of DOCOFER Syrup?
- Do I need to follow any dietary restrictions while using DOCOFER Syrup?
It is not advisable to recommend drugs to others as the severity of the condition and medical history is not the same for every individual.
Yes, constipation is a side effect of DOCOFER Syrup. However, consult your physician if it is persistent.
It is not advisable to alter the dose prescribed. Consult your doctor for dose-related queries.
Yes, it is advised to take fibre-rich diet to counter constipation caused due to DOCOFER Syrup.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.