What is DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream used for?
DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream cream is used for the treatment of various skin conditions, such as:
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Lichen planus
- Prurigo nodularis
- Skin reactions to insect bites and stings.
- Discoid lupus erythematosus (DLE).
DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream eye drops are used for the treatment of symptoms associated with eye irritation, burning, and swelling of the eye due to the exposure to chemical, allergens, infections etc.
DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream ear drops are used for the treatment of redness and swelling of infected ears.
DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream work?
In DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream combination, Betamethasone belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroids. The drug acts by exhibiting its anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive properties, thereby reducing the allergy or irritation.
Neomycin belongs to the class of drugs called aminoglycoside antibiotics. The drug acts by affecting the synthesis of certain proteins that are essential for the bacteria to survive. Thus, it kills the bacteria and reduces the symptoms of inflammatory conditions.
How to use DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream combination cream, eye drops, ear drops as prescribed by your doctor.
- Wash and dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer of DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream combination cream to the affected area and rub gently.
- Instill one or two eye drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or surrounding tissue.
- Use 3 to 4 ear drops into the affected ear carefully by following the instructions given on the prescription label.
If you miss a dose of DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream?
Drugs that interact with DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream include the following:
- Amphotericin B
- Polymyxin B
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream?
The following are the most common side effects of DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream cream :
- Skin irritation
- Redness of the skin
- Reduced skin pigmentation
- Excessive hair growth
- Itchy or burning skin
The following are the most common side effects of DIPROVATE N PLUS Creameye drops:
- Increased pressure in the eye
- Poor vision
- Cloudiness on the lens of the eye
- Itching, stinging or burning of the eye
The following are the most common side effects of DIPROVATE N PLUS Creamear drops:
- Feeling of itching or local irritation
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream or similar drugs.
- Avoid using DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream combination for more than a week without consulting a doctor.
- Seek doctor’s advice before using any other drug or herbal products while on DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream combination.
- Avoid using DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream combination to treat widespread plaque psoriasis.
- Do not use DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream combination for children below 2 years of age.
- Do not use DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream medication to treat itchy skin around the genitals.
- Avoid DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid using DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream medication over the sensitive or irritated skin.
You are advised not to use DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of persistent skin diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you become pregnant while using DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream combination.
Frequently Asked Questions about DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream
- How long can I use DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream combination?
- Can DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream combination be used to treat fungal infections?
- Can I wear contact lenses while using DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream eye drops?
- How should DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream combination be stored?
It is advised to continue using DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream combination until the infection is healed. However, avoid prolonged use of the drug as it can increase the risk of side effects.
Avoid using DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream combination to treat fungal infections, such as athlete's foot, candida skin infections, and ringworm.
It is not advisable to use contact lenses while using DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream eye drops.
DIPROVATE N PLUS Cream combination should be stored at room temperature away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.