Diprobate S Plus Ointment 30gm
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
What is DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment used for?
DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment cream is used for relieving the symptoms of the following skin conditions:
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis
DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment work?
In DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment, Betamethasone belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroids. The drug acts by inhibiting the action of certain natural substances that cause inflammation and allergic reactions.
Salicylic acid belongs to the class of drugs called keratolytic agents. The drug acts by solubilising the substance that makes the skin cells stick together, thereby increasing the amount of moisture and loosening the keratin. Thus, it helps in the growth of new cells.
Zinc oxide belongs to the class of drugs called topical antibiotics. The drug acts by soothing and exhibits protective properties, thereby preventing skin irritation and promoting the healing of the chapped skin. Thus, it helps to heal the damaged skin.
How to apply DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Apply DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment cream as prescribed by your doctor.
- Wash and dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer of DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment cream to the affected area and rub gently.
If you miss a dose of DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment, please apply it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not apply a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment?
Drugs that interact with DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment?
The following are the most common side effects of DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment:
- Change in the skin colour
- Dying or cracking of the skin
- Skin Itch
- Burning of the skin
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Persistent infections
- Increased hair growth
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while applying DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment?
- Avoid applying the medicine if you are allergic to DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before using any other drug or herbal products while on DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment.
- Do not apply DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment cream in children without doctor’s advice.
- Avoid getting DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment in contact with your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Do not apply an excess amount of DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment medicine over the skin as it can result in pilling.
You are advised not to apply DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before applying DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of persistent skin infections.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment
- Can I apply DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment cream to treat inflammation of the skin?
- How should DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment be stored?
- How long can I apply DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment?
It is not advisable to apply DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment without consulting a doctor. Do not self-medicate.
DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment should be stored at room temperature (15-30oC), away from heat, light, and moisture.
It is advisable to apply DIPROBATE S PLUS Ointment as prescribed by the doctor. Long-term use of the medication may increase the risk of side effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.