DIOVAN 160mg Tablet 14's
By Novartis India Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.118.00 (73% Savings)
Rs.192.40 (56% Savings)
Rs.271.50 (38% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is DIOVAN 160mg Tablet used for?
DIOVAN 160mg Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It also used to improve the heart function after an episode of a heart attack.
DIOVAN 160mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DIOVAN 160mg Tablet work?
DIOVAN 160mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs). This drug acts by inhibiting the action of angiotensin II that mediates vasoconstriction. Thus, it blocks the constriction of blood vessels and decreases the blood pressure.
How to take DIOVAN 160mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take DIOVAN 160mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset. Take DIOVAN 160mg Tablet at the same time each day.
If you miss a dose of DIOVAN 160mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of DIOVAN 160mg Tablet may include:
- Trouble breathing
- Passing out
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with DIOVAN 160mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with DIOVAN 160mg Tablet include the following:
- Phenyl Salicylate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DIOVAN 160mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of DIOVAN 160mg Tablet:
- Stomach pain
- Excessive tiredness
- Blurred vision
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble breathing
- Unexplained weight gain
- Swelling of face, hand or feet
- Irregular heartbeat
- Muscle weakness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking DIOVAN 160mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to DIOVAN 160mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if DIOVAN 160mg Tablet medication causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of DIOVAN 160mg Tablet medicine.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of the children.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sun and performing strenuous exercises.
You are advised not to take DIOVAN 160mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking DIOVAN 160mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver disease or dehydration.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor before taking DIOVAN 160mg Tablet medicine during breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you are on low-salt or salt-free diet.
Frequently Asked questions about DIOVAN 160mg Tablet
- Is it safe to take DIOVAN 160mg Tablet medication during pregnancy?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking DIOVAN 160mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of DIOVAN 160mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to take DIOVAN 160mg Tablet medication before undergoing a surgery?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while on DIOVAN 160mg Tablet medication?
No. It is not recommended to take DIOVAN 160mg Tablet medicine during pregnancy as it can cause birth defects in the foetus.
It is required to get your blood pressure levels checked regularly while taking DIOVAN 160mg Tablet medication.
No. Altering the dose of DIOVAN 160mg Tablet medicine is not advised as it can increase the risk of side effects.
Consult your doctor before taking DIOVAN 160mg Tablet medication prior to any scheduled surgery.
Avoid consuming potassium-rich foods or taking potassium supplements, as DIOVAN 160mg Tablet may increase your potassium levels.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.