DIGITEL 40mg Tablet 10's
Rs.27.00 (55% Savings)
Rs.30.00 (50% Savings)
Rs.31.57 (47% Savings)
Rs.34.24 (42% Savings)
Rs.36.00 (40% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is DIGITEL 40mg Tablet used for?
DIGITEL 40mg Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
DIGITEL 40mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DIGITEL 40mg Tablet work?
DIGITEL 40mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin receptor blockers. It works by relaxing blood vessels, which lowers the blood pressure. Thus, it reduces the workload of the heart.
How to take DIGITEL 40mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take DIGITEL 40mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take DIGITEL 40mg Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of DIGITEL 40mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with DIGITEL 40mg Tablet?
The drugs that interact with DIGITEL 40mg Tablet are:
What are the side effects of DIGITEL 40mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of DIGITEL 40mg Tablet:
- Trouble breathing
- Skin rash
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Unexplained weight gain
- Swelling of the face, tongue or throat
- Irregular heartbeat
- Increased potassium levels in blood
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking DIGITEL 40mg Tablet?
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if DIGITEL 40mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on DIGITEL 40mg Tablet
- Monitor your blood pressure on a regular basis while on DIGITEL 40mg Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may cause excessive drowsiness when taken with DIGITEL 40mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take DIGITEL 40mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking DIGITEL 40mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to DIGITEL 40mg Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing heart, liver or kidney problems.
Frequently Asked questions about DIGITEL 40mg Tablet
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while taking DIGITEL 40mg Tablet?
- How long can I take DIGITEL 40mg Tablet?
- Is DIGITEL 40mg Tablet safe for pregnant women?
DIGITEL 40mg Tablet may cause diarrhoea. Therefore, drink plenty of fluids and solutions that contain water and salt to replenish the lost electrolytes.
It is recommended to take DIGITEL 40mg Tablet for the prescribed duration. Discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return.
No, DIGITEL 40mg Tablet is not safe for pregnant women, as it may affect the growing foetus. However, please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.