DIACON M Tablet 10's
By Bal Pharma Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is DIACON M Tablet used for?
DIACON M Tablet is an oral anti-diabetic medicine, which is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. This drug should be used in conjunction with diet and exercise regimen to improve glycemic control.
DIACON M Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DIACON M Tablet work?
In DIACON M Tablet, Glipizide belongs to the class of drugs called sulfonylureas. This drug acts by stimulating the insulin release from the pancreatic cells and also increasing the peripheral insulin uptake. This helps decrease blood glucose levels.
Metformin belongs to the class of biguanides, which acts by inhibiting the insulin production in the liver and decreasing the intestinal insulin absorption. Thus, it improves the insulin sensitivity by enhancing the peripheral glucose uptake.
How to take DIACON M Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take DIACON M Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole, but do not crush or chew the tablet. Usually, this combination should be taken with the first meal of the day.
If you miss a dose of DIACON M Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with DIACON M Tablet?
Drugs that interact with DIACON M Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DIACON M Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of DIACON M Tablet:
- Frequent urination
- Pain in the lower back
- Painful urination
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurred vision
- Decreased heartbeat
- Haemolytic anaemia
- Hypoglycaemia (decreased blood sugar levels)
- Lactic acidosis
- Persistent cough
- Speech impairment
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions DIACON M Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to DIACON M Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of DIACON M Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if DIACON M Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid DIACON M Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to take DIACON M Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking DIACON M Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetic ketoacidosis, liver or kidney disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have to undergo any surgical procedures.
Frequently Asked Questions about DIACON M Tablet
- Is it safe to take vitamin B12 supplements while on DIACON M Tablet?
- How should DIACON M Tablet be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking DIACON M Tablet?
- Can I take DIACON M Tablet for type 1 diabetes?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of DIACON M Tablet?
DIACON M Tablet tend to interfere with the vitamin B12 absorption. Please consult your doctor before taking any supplements.
DIACON M Tablet is stored at room temperature (25 – 30OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
Yes, regular monitoring of blood sugar levels and red blood cell count is advised while on DIACON M Tablet.
No, DIACON M Tablet is prescribed for type 2 diabetic patients only.
No, altering the dose of DIACON M Tablet is not advised. DIACON M Tablet dose should be taken as prescribed.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.