Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is DEVIRY 2.5mg Tablet used for?
DEVIRY 2.5mg Tablet is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Endometrial hyperplasia
- Overgrowth of uterine lining
DEVIRY 2.5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DEVIRY 2.5mg Tablet work?
DEVIRY 2.5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called progestins. The drug acts by changing the inner lining and mucus of the uterus mainly in the second half of menstrual cycle. It also helps in the preparation of endometrium for implantation.
How to use DEVIRY 2.5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use DEVIRY 2.5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- DEVIRY 2.5mg Tablet injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of DEVIRY 2.5mg Tablet tablet, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
If you miss a dose of DEVIRY 2.5mg Tablet injection, please consult the doctor.
What are the drugs that interact with DEVIRY 2.5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with DEVIRY 2.5mg Tablet include the following:
- Mycophenolic acid
- Tranexamic acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What should you tell your doctor before using DEVIRY 2.5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver disease, stroke, heart diseases, and uterine cancer.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are having unusual vaginal discharge.
Frequently Asked questions about DEVIRY 2.5mg Tablet
- What are the contraindications of DEVIRY 2.5mg Tablet?
- What is the usual dosage of DEVIRY 2.5mg Tablet?
- Does DEVIRY 2.5mg Tablet causes formation of lumps in the breast?
DEVIRY 2.5mg Tablet is contraindicated in conditions such as thromboembolic disorders, cerebral apoplexy, severe hepatic dysfunction, incomplete abortion, and hormone-dependent carcinoma.
The usual dose of DEVIRY 2.5mg Tablet is 5 or 10 mg daily. However, please consult your doctor for dose related queries.
Yes. You must self-examine your breasts for lump formation on a regular basis.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.