|Out of stock|
Rs.21.00 (14% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is DEPSOL 75mg Tablet used for?
DEPSOL 75mg Tablet is used for the treatment of depression. It is also prescribed to treat bed-wetting in children.
DEPSOL 75mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DEPSOL 75mg Tablet work?
DEPSOL 75mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called tricyclic anti-depressants. This drug acts by producing chemical messengers in the brain such as serotonin and norepinephrine, which helps in treating depression symptoms.
DEPSOL 75mg Tablet also works by blocking the action of acetylcholine in the urinary bladder and preventing bedwetting in children.
How to take DEPSOL 75mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take DEPSOL 75mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. In case of capsule swallow the capsule whole. Do not chew or tear open the capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of DEPSOL 75mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of DEPSOL 75mg Tablet may include:
- Cardiac arrest
- Increased reflex movements
What are the drugs that interact with DEPSOL 75mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with DEPSOL 75mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DEPSOL 75mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of DEPSOL 75mg Tablet:
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurry vision
- Cold sweats
- Increased palpitations
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions DEPSOL 75mg Tablet?
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if DEPSOL 75mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Inform the doctor if your child has suicidal tendencies, as DEPSOL 75mg Tablet may increase the risk of suicidal thoughts.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of DEPSOL 75mg Tablet.
- Avoid DEPSOL 75mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take DEPSOL 75mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking DEPSOL 75mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of sleeplessness and anxiety disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about DEPSOL 75mg Tablet
- My child is on DEPSOL 75mg Tablet for bed-wetting. Can I stop giving the drug if my child feels better?
- How long can I take DEPSOL 75mg Tablet medicine?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of DEPSOL 75mg Tablet?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking DEPSOL 75mg Tablet?
DEPSOL 75mg Tablet can be discontinued once your child stops bed-wetting. However, consult the doctor before discontinuing DEPSOL 75mg Tablet medicine.
Take DEPSOL 75mg Tablet medicine as prescribed by the doctor. Prolonged use of the medicine is not advisable.
Do not alter the dose of DEPSOL 75mg Tablet without consulting the doctor. A change in the dose of the drug may be recommended depending on the response to the drug.
Avoid consuming alcohol or the foods that may affect the brain function. Also, increase the intake of fiber foods, as the drug may cause constipation.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.