Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
Rs.52.00 (21% Savings)
Rs.61.50 (6% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is DEPNOC 50mg Tablet used for?
DEPNOC 50mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of depression.
DEPNOC 50mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DEPNOC 50mg Tablet work?
DEPNOC 50mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-depressant agents. The drug acts by increasing the concentration of neurotransmitters by inhibiting their reuptake in nerve terminals. Increased concentration of neurotransmitters causes anti-depressant effect.
How to take DEPNOC 50mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take DEPNOC 50mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. DEPNOC 50mg Tablet tablet can be taken with/ without food.
If you miss a dose of DEPNOC 50mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of DEPNOC 50mg Tablet may include:
- Pulse rates
- Severe drowsiness
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with DEPNOC 50mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with Dosulepin include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DEPNOC 50mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of DEPNOC 50mg Tablet:
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty in urination
- Feeling faint
- Changes in heart beat
- Sexual problems
- Changes in behaviour
- Increased appetite
- Weight gain
- Taste change
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Loss of consciousness
- Yellowing of the skin
- Skin rash
- Difficulty swallowing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking DEPNOC 50mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to DEPNOC 50mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if DEPNOC 50mg Tablet causes dizziness.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Avoid sun exposure as DEPNOC 50mg Tablet increases sensitivity to sun.
You are advised not to take DEPNOC 50mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking DEPNOC 50mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of decreased liver function, heart disease, urinary retention, enlarged prostate gland, history of glaucoma, epilepsy, thyroid disease, tumour of the adrenal gland, schizophrenia or other psychoses and hereditary blood disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about DEPNOC 50mg Tablet
- How should DEPNOC 50mg Tablet be stored?
- Can I consume alcohol while taking DEPNOC 50mg Tablet?
- Will DEPNOC 50mg Tablet affect any laboratory parameter?
- Can I recommend this medication to others?
DEPNOC 50mg Tablet should be stored below 25° C away from light and moisture.
It is recommended to avoid alcohol as DEPNOC 50mg Tablet potentiate the affect of alcohol.
DEPNOC 50mg Tablet may decrease blood sodium, increase blood sugar and change the white blood cell and platelet count. Therefore, consult your doctor before taking DEPNOC 50mg Tablet.
It is not advisable to recommend drugs to others as the severity of the condition and medical history is not same for every individual.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.