What is DECERIN CM Tablet used for?
DECERIN CM Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of osteoarthritis.
DECERIN CM Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DECERIN CM Tablet work?
In DECERIN CM Tablet, Cetyl Myristoleate belongs to the class of drugs called nutrition supplements. The drug acts by reducing inflammation and lubricating the joints and muscles, thereby increasing flexibility.
Diacerein belongs to the class of drugs called anti-inflammatory agents. The drug acts by stimulating cartilage and fluid formation around the joints, thereby reducing friction, stiffness and pain.
Glucosamine is a nutritional supplement that acts by inhibiting certain chemicals that cause inflammation and pain, thereby stimulating fluid formation around the joints and treating the symptoms of osteoarthritis.
Methyl Sulfonyl Methane is a nutritional supplement that has an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant property; thereby it reduces inflammation and protects the cells from damage.
How to take DECERIN CM Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take DECERIN CM Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of DECERIN CM Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with DECERIN CM Tablet?
Drugs that interact with DECERIN CM Tablet are:
- Aluminium Hydroxide
- Magnesium Hydroxide
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DECERIN CM Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of DECERIN CM Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe abdominal pain
- Allergic reaction
- Yellowing of skin and eyes
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking DECERIN CM Tablet?
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if DECERIN CM Tablet causes drowsiness.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of DECERIN CM Tablet
You are advised not to take DECERIN CM Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking DECERIN CM Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, high cholesterol, cancer, liver disease, kidney problems, chronic inflammatory conditions of the gut; or any dehydration problems.
- Tell your doctor if you become pregnant while taking DECERIN CM Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplement
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of DECERIN CM Tablet
Frequently Asked questions about DECERIN CM Tablet
- Is it safe to alter the dose of DECERIN CM Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking DECERIN CM Tablet?
- Is it normal to experience headache with DECERIN CM Tablet?
It is not advisable to alter the prescribed dose. Consult your doctor for dose-related queries.
Yes, it is advisable to monitor blood glucose level and liver enzyme levels as DECERIN CM Tablet may elevate blood sugar level and liver enzyme levels. For further information consult your doctor.
Yes. Headache is one of the common side effects of DECERIN CM Tablet. Consult your doctor if the condition worsens.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.