DANDROP Lotion 75ml
By Alkem Laboratories Ltd
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is DANDROP Lotion used for?
DANDROP Lotion is used to control seborrheic dermatitis and treat dandruff. It is used to relieve the symptoms such as itching, flaking, and scaling of the scalp.
DANDROP Lotion may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DANDROP Lotion work?
In DANDROP Lotion, Ketoconazole belongs to the class of drugs called anti-fungal agents. This drug acts by inhibiting the action of fungal cytochrome and interfering with the cell wall synthesis. Thus, it inhibits the growth of the fungi.
Zinc Pyrithione belongs to the class of anti-seborrheic drugs. This drug acts by inhibiting the synthesis of proteins required for the growth of the fungus.
How to use DANDROP Lotion?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use DANDROP Lotion as prescribed by your doctor.
- Apply DANDROP Lotion lotion over the affected area and rub it gently.
- Wet the hair and scalp with water and apply enough shampoo. Gently massage the entire scalp to work up a good lather, and rinse with warm water.
What are the drugs that interact with DANDROP Lotion?
Drugs that interact with DANDROP Lotion include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DANDROP Lotion?
The following are the most common side effects of DANDROP Lotion:
- Formation of blisters
- Skin irritation
- Allergic skin reactions
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions DANDROP Lotion?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to DANDROP Lotion or similar drugs.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid contact of DANDROP Lotion with eyes, mouth and mucous membrane.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
What should you tell your doctor before taking DANDROP Lotion?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of any chronic skin conditions.
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other topical drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about DANDROP Lotion
- Is it safe to use dressing over the area being treated with DANDROP Lotion?
- How should DANDROP Lotion be stored?
- Can I use cosmetics after applying DANDROP Lotion?
- Does DANDROP Lotion cause hair loss?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of DANDROP Lotion?
No. You should not use dressing over the area treated with DANDROP Lotion as it may delay the healing process.
Store DANDROP Lotion at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
You can use cosmetics. Wait at least for 20 minutes after applying DANDROP Lotion and before using cosmetics.
Yes. Hair loss is the one of the rare side effects of DANDROP Lotion.
No. Do not change the dose of DANDROP Lotion unless suggested by the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.