DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet 15's
By Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet used for?
DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet capsule/syrup/tablet is used for the treatment of low blood calcium levels in conditions, such as:
- Osteoporosis (bone loss)
- Osteomalacia/rickets (weak bones)
- Latent tetany (muscle disease)
DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet work?
In DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet, Calcium is used as a supplement. It acts by regulating the uptake and binding of amino acids. It also acts by maintaining the calcium balance in the body.
Cholecalciferol used as a vitamin supplement. It acts by increasing the intestinal absorption of calcium by binding to certain receptors. Thus, it helps in increasing serum calcium levels.
How to take DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet capsule/syrup/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Chew the tablet before swallowing it.
- Swallow the capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the capsule.
- Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- In case of syrup , shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug.
- Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet?
Drugs that interact with DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet:
- Stomach upset
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Swelling of the face, tongue, and throat
- Severe dizziness
- Irregular heartbeat
- Trouble breathing
- Increased thirst
- Unusual tiredness
- Mood changes
- Increased urination
- Muscle pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet
- Be cautious while taking DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet if you are suffering from hypercalcemia (increased levels of calcium in the blood), diabetes or phenylketonuria.
You are advised not to take DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any medical history of kidney diseases, liver diseases, immune system disorders, heart/blood vessel diseases or bowel diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet
- How should DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet be stored?
- Can I take DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet while on doxycycline medication?
- Do I need to follow any dietary restrictions while taking DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet medicine?
- Is it safe to take DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet while breastfeeding?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet?
DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet should be stored at room temperature away from heat, sunlight, and moisture.
It is not advisable to take DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet along with doxycycline as calcium interferes with the drug absorption.
Avoid consuming grapefruit or grapefruit juice while taking DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet medication.
Consult your doctor before taking DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet during breastfeeding, as it known to pass through the breast milk.
Yes, it is advised to monitor serum calcium levels and bilirubin levels while taking DAILYCAL ORTHO Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.