What is CYTOMID 250mg Tablet used for?
CYTOMID 250mg Tablet is a hormonal drug, which is used for the treatment of advanced prostate cancer. It is usually used in combination with other hormonal therapies.
CYTOMID 250mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CYTOMID 250mg Tablet work?
CYTOMID 250mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-androgens. Androgens such as testosterone play a major role in the growth and replication of prostatic cancer cells. CYTOMID 250mg Tablet acts by inhibiting the effect of testosterone on the cancer cells of prostate gland. Thus, the drug slows down the progression of cancer.
How to take CYTOMID 250mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CYTOMID 250mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Take the CYTOMID 250mg Tablet medicine with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset. Also, you must drink adequate water while on CYTOMID 250mg Tablet therapy.
If you miss a dose of CYTOMID 250mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CYTOMID 250mg Tablet?
The drugs that interact with CYTOMID 250mg Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CYTOMID 250mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of CYTOMID 250mg Tablet:
- Bladder inflammation
- Loss of libido
- Breast enlargement (in male)
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Hot flushes
- Painful urination
- Rectal bleeding
- Severe stomach pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions CYTOMID 250mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on CYTOMID 250mg Tablet
- Avoid consumption of dairy products to prevent diarrhoea associated with CYTOMID 250mg Tablet medication.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the CYTOMID 250mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take CYTOMID 250mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discoloration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking CYTOMID 250mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to CYTOMID 250mg Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have a history of inherited blood disorder such as porphyria.
- If you have to undergo any surgery or medical procedure, you must inform the doctor about the usage of CYTOMID 250mg Tablet.
Frequently Asked Questions about CYTOMID 250mg Tablet
- How should CYTOMID 250mg Tablet be stored?
- What are the other formulations of CYTOMID 250mg Tablet available?
- How long can I take CYTOMID 250mg Tablet?
- Can I stop using the CYTOMID 250mg Tablet medication abruptly?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of the CYTOMID 250mg Tablet?
Store CYTOMID 250mg Tablet in a cool (20 – 25OC) and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
CYTOMID 250mg Tablet is available only in the form of capsule.
CYTOMID 250mg Tablet should be taken only for the prescribed period of time or should follow the course of medication. Please consult your doctor if the course is completed.
It is not advised to end a CYTOMID 250mg Tablet medication abruptly. Please contact your doctor if you experience any symptoms that force to discontinue the medication.
No, the dose of the CYTOMID 250mg Tablet depends on the complexity of cancer. Hence, altering the dose is not advised.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.