What is CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup used for?
CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup syrup is used for the treatment of constipation.
CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup work?
In CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup, Liquid Paraffin belongs to the class of drugs called laxatives. The drug acts by softening the stools, thereby it helps in reducing constipation.
Magnesium Hydroxide belongs to the class of drugs called laxatives. The drug acts by drawing water into the colon and softening the stool. Thus, it helps in relieving constipation.
Sodium Picosulfate belongs to the class of drugs called laxatives. The drug acts by increasing the intestinal motility, which leads to rectal fullness. Therefore, it helps in treating constipation.
How to take CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Shake the syrup well before taking each dose to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug.
If you miss a dose of CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup?
Drugs that interact with CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup?
The following are the most common side effects of CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup:
- Abdominal discomfort
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Muscle weaknes
- Irregular heartbeat
- Mood alterations
- Extreme dizziness
- Bloody stools
- Rectal bleeding
- Decreased urination
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- Avoid CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of intestinal obstruction, ileus, severe ehydration or inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you become pregnant while taking CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup.
Frequently Asked Questions about CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup
- How CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup should be stored?
- Can I extend taking CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup if constipation is not relieved?
- Can I recommend CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup for the people having similar symptoms?
CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup should be stored below 25OC away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
No, it is not advised to extend the use of CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup as it may cause severe side effects.
No, it is not advised to recommend CREMAFFIN PLUS Syrup to anyone.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.