COVERSYL 8mg Tablet 10's
By Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is COVERSYL 8mg Tablet used for?
COVERSYL 8mg Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It also prevents stroke or heart attack by lowering the blood pressure.
COVERSYL 8mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does COVERSYL 8mg Tablet work?
COVERSYL 8mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors. This drug acts by blocking the conversion of angiotensin-I to angiotensin-II and inhibiting the activity of angiotensin-converting enzyme. Thus, inhibition of ACE activity reduces blood pressure.
How to take COVERSYL 8mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take COVERSYL 8mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food.
If you miss a dose of COVERSYL 8mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of COVERSYL 8mg Tablet may include:
- Trouble in breathing
- Passing out
- Severe dizziness
- Unusual weakness
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with COVERSYL 8mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with COVERSYL 8mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of COVERSYL 8mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of COVERSYL 8mg Tablet:
- Dry cough
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Loss of voice
- Unusual tiredness
- Muscle cramps
- Voice changes
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking COVERSYL 8mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking this medicine if you are allergic to COVERSYL 8mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if COVERSYL 8mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Take your first ever dose of COVERSYL 8mg Tablet at bedtime, as it may cause dizziness.
- Try getting up slowly while standing if you feel dizzy while on COVERSYL 8mg Tablet.
- Do not stop taking this medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking COVERSYL 8mg Tablet if you have any respiratory disorders, kidney or liver impairment.
- Drink adequate fluids while taking COVERSYL 8mg Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of COVERSYL 8mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take COVERSYL 8mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking COVERSYL 8mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, and kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about COVERSYL 8mg Tablet
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking COVERSYL 8mg Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of COVERSYL 8mg Tablet?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking COVERSYL 8mg Tablet?
- Can I take COVERSYL 8mg Tablet while using Atenolol?
Yes. Blood pressure and blood electrolyte levels must regularly be monitored while using COVERSYL 8mg Tablet.
COVERSYL 8mg Tablet is contraindicated in idiopathic angioedema, hyperkalemia, neutropenia, bone marrow depression, renal artery stenosis and giant hives.
Yes. You must follow a diet low in sodium and potassium while on COVERSYL 8mg Tablet. Make sure that you are eating a healthy and well-balanced diet while taking the drug.
No. Use of COVERSYL 8mg Tablet with other anti-hypertensive drugs such as Atenolol may increase the risk of side effects. Consult the doctor before using any other drug while on COVERSYL 8mg Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.