What is COVANCE CT Tablet used for?
COVANCE CT Tablet tablet is used for the treatment hypertension.
COVANCE CT Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does COVANCE CT Tablet work?
In COVANCE CT Tablet, Chlorthalidone belongs to the class of drugs called thiazide diuretics. The drug acts by inhibiting the transportation of sodium ions, thereby excreting extra water and salt from the body.
Losartan belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin receptors blockers. The drug acts by blocking the conversion of certain enzymes and relaxes blood vessels. Thus, it helps in reducing blood pressure.
How to take COVANCE CT Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take COVANCE CT Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of COVANCE CT Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with COVANCE CT Tablet?
Drugs that interact with COVANCE CT Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of COVANCE CT Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of COVANCE CT Tablet:
- Stomach upset
- Dry mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Muscle cramps
- Joint pain
- Trouble in breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking COVANCE CT Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to COVANCE CT Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of COVANCE CT Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if COVANCE CT Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid COVANCE CT Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take COVANCE CT Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking COVANCE CT Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver, thyroid or other respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about COVANCE CT Tablet
- How should COVANCE CT Tablet be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory tests while taking COVANCE CT Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of COVANCE CT Tablet?
COVANCE CT Tablet should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and moisture.
Yes. It is advised to monitor blood pressure and blood electrolyte levels regularly while taking COVANCE CT Tablet.
No. It is advised not to alter the dose of COVANCE CT Tablet unless suggested by the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.