COGNIX Tablet 10's
By Strides Shasun Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam combination used for?
Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam combination is a cognitive enhancer drug, which is used for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, chronic pain and stroke.
Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam combination may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam combination work?
Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam combination belongs to the class of drugs called nootropics, which are cognitive enhancers. Ginkgo biloba serves as a neuroprotective agent, and also improves blood flow to most of the tissues and organs. Piracetam is a GABA analogue. It works by improving the function of neurotransmitters, which play a major role in memory formation and learning processes.
How to take Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam combination?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam combination as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the whole tablet, but do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with food as it can prevent stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam, take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam combination?
Drugs that interact with Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam combination include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam combination?
The following are the most common side effects of Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam:
- Increased muscular activity
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Movement disorder
- Weight gain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Increased muscular activity
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam combination?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may cause excessive drowsiness when taken with Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam combination causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Suddenly discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam combination?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney problem, neurological problems, brain haemorrhage, bleeding problems, HIV/AIDS infection or a weakened immune system.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently asked questions about Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam combination:
- How long should I take Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam combination?
- How should Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam combination be stored?
- I am on Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam combination for Alzheimer’s disease. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- What are the other formulations available for Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam combination?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam combination?
Take Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam combination for the prescribed duration for effective outcomes.
Store the drug at room temperature and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
No, you must continue using Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam combination until your doctor advises you to stop using it.
Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam combination is available only in the form of tablets.
There are no laboratory parameters that have to be monitored while using Ginkgo biloba + Piracetam combination.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.