What is CO MUPIMET Granules used for?
CO MUPIMET Granules is used for the treatment of trichomoniasis, amoebiasis and other bacterial infections.
CO MUPIMET Granules may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CO MUPIMET Granules work?
In CO MUPIMET Granules, Metronidazole belongs to the class of drugs called antibiotics. This drug acts by interfering with the helical structure of the bacterial DNA and inhibiting the bacterial nucleic acid synthesis. Thus, it helps in decreasing the replication and propagation of bacteria.
Mupirocin belongs to the class of drugs called anti-bacterial drugs. This drug acts by preventing certain bacterial enzymes, which results in inhibiting the bacterial protein synthesis. Thus, it helps in decreasing the bacterial infections.
How to take CO MUPIMET Granules?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CO MUPIMET Granules as prescribed by your doctor.
Take the drug by diluting the prescribed dose of granules in a glass of water. Stir it well for uniform mixing.
If you miss a dose of CO MUPIMET Granules, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CO MUPIMET Granules?
Drugs that interact with CO MUPIMET Granules are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CO MUPIMET Granules?
The following are the most common side effects, of CO MUPIMET Granules:
- Burning sensation
- Itchy skin
- Skin rash
- Dry mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Metallic taste
- Allergic reaction
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking CO MUPIMET Granules?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on CO MUPIMET Granules
- Avoid CO MUPIMET Granules during breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid CO MUPIMET Granules in case of allergic reactions.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take CO MUPIMET Granules if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking CO MUPIMET Granules?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver or kidney diseases, bleeding problems etc.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in CO MUPIMET Granules
Frequently Asked questions about CO MUPIMET Granules
- Is it safe to take CO MUPIMET Granules during pregnancy?
- Does CO MUPIMET Granules treat common cold and flu?
- Can I discontinue taking CO MUPIMET Granules when I feel better?
- Does CO MUPIMET Granules cause weight gain?
- Can I consume alcohol while on CO MUPIMET Granules?
It is not advisable to take this medicine during pregnancy. However, please consult your doctor to check for the potential risk involved while taking this drug.
No, CO MUPIMET Granules is used only in the treatment of certain bacterial and parasitic infections. It does not treat viral infections, such as common cold and flu.
Do not stop taking CO MUPIMET Granules abruptly. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
No, CO MUPIMET Granules usually does not cause weight gain. However, immediately inform your doctor if you develop this symptom.
No, do not consume alcohol while taking CO MUPIMET Granules as you may develop nausea and vomiting.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.