Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection 1ml
By Lundbeck India Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection used for?
CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection is used for the treatment of psychological disorders, such as psychosis, mania and schizophrenia.
CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection work?
CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection belongs to the class of drugs called anti-psychotic agents. This drug acts by blocking dopamine and other neurotransmitters in the brain. It also increases the blood flow to the brain. Thus, it promotes mood and calms down the individual.
How to administer CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection injection should be administered only under the supervision of a healthcare provider. Do not self-medicate.
In case of a missed dose, please contact your healthcare provider.
The overdose symptoms of CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection may include:
- Extrapyramidal symptoms
- Increased heart rate
- Muscle stiffness
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection ?
Drugs that interact with CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection :
- Abdominal pain
- Abnormal reflexes
- Changes in appetite
- Changes in walking pattern
- Difficulty in breathing
- High fever
- Increased heart rate
- Increased or decreased saliva production
- Increased thirst
- Muscle stiffness
- Numbness of the limbs
- Pain at the injection site
- Postural hypotension
- Shortness of breath
- Slurry speech
- Urinary incontinence
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blood dyscrasia
- Blurry vision
- Breast enlargement in men
- Liver enlargement
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome
- Problems in penis erection and ejaculation
- Sexual dysfunction
- Swelling of the face, lips and throat
- Tardive dyskinesia
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection .
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection during pregnancy or breastfeeding as the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to receive CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver and kidney disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection .
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while receiving CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection ?
- I am on CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection for schizophrenia. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Can I alter the dose of CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection ?
Avoid consumption of alcohol while using CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection injection, as it increases the risk of the positive or negative effect of the drug in the body.
It is not advised to immediately stop receiving CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection injection once you feel better.
No, it is not advised to alter the dose of CLOPIXOL ACUPHASE 50mg Injection without doctor’s consent.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.