CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule 10's
By Lupin Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule used for?
CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule capsule, tablet is used for the treatment of increased blood cholesterol and lipid levels.
CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule work?
In CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule, Atorvastatin belongs to the class of drugs called dyslipidemic agents (statins). It acts by inhibiting certain enzymes, which plays a major role in the synthesis of cholesterol. Thus, it prevents biosynthesis of cholesterol and helps to reduce serum cholesterol levels.
Clopidogrel belongs to the class of drugs called anti-coagulant drugs. Clopidogrel acts by inhibiting adenosine diphosphate from binding to its receptor, thereby inhibiting the platelet aggregation. Thus, it helps in preventing the clot formation.
How to take CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule tablet/capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule.
If you miss a dose of CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule?
Drugs that interact with CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule:
- Difficulty swallowing
- Chest tightness
- Red or purple spots on skin
- Shortness of breath
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Collection of blood under skin
- Fast heartbeat
- Severe muscle cramps
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver disease, bleeding disorders and intracranial hemorrhage.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you become pregnant while taking CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule.
Frequently Asked Questions about taking CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule
- Is it safe to use CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule during pregnancy
- Should I undergo any laboratory tests while taking CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule?
- How should CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule should be stored?
No, it is not advisable to use CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule during pregnancy. It may harm the unborn foetus. However, consult your doctor before starting the medication.
Yes, it is advised to undergo lipid profile test while taking CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule.
CLOPITAB CV 10mg Capsule should be stored at room temperature (15 –30OC) away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.