What is CINTODAC Capsule used for?
CINTODAC Capsule capsule is used for the treatment of certain stomach and oesophageal problems, such as:
- Functional dyspepsia
- Stomach and intestinal ulcers
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Inflammation of oesophagus
CINTODAC Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CINTODAC Capsule work?
In CINTODAC Capsule, Cinitapride belongs to the class of drugs called benzamide. The drug acts by interfering with the action of certain receptors in the brain and increases the intestinal motility. Thus, it reduces the symptoms of gastrointestinal disorders.
Pantoprazole belongs to the class of drugs called proton pump inhibitors (PPIs). The drug works by interfering with the gastric acid production by inhibiting the acid-pumping cells in the stomach. Thus, it helps in relieving the symptoms of Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GERD) by reducing the amount of stomach acid.
How to take CINTODAC Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CINTODAC Capsule capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the capsule Do not crush or chew the capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of CINTODAC Capsule, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CINTODAC Capsule?
Drugs that interact with CINTODAC Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CINTODAC Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of CINTODAC Capsule:
- Joint pain
- Stomach pain
- Change in sense of taste
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Muscle weakness
- Muscle spasms
- Abnormal heart rate
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking CINTODAC Capsule?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to CINTODAC Capsule or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on CINTODAC Capsule.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of CINTODAC Capsule.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if CINTODAC Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid taking CINTODAC Capsule medicine for long-term as it can reduce the absorption of Vitamin-B12 in the body.
You are advised not to take CINTODAC Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking CINTODAC Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of the severe liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell the doctor if you have undergone any surgical procedure.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from osteopenia (low bone mineral density).
Frequently Asked Questions about CINTODAC Capsule
- Is it safe to take CINTODAC Capsule if I have a history of osteoporosis?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking CINTODAC Capsule?
- How should CINTODAC Capsule be stored?
- Is it safe to take CINTODAC Capsule during pregnancy?
Avoid taking CINTODAC Capsule if you have a history of osteoporosis as the medicine can make your bones more brittle. However, please consult your doctor.
CINTODAC Capsule medication can lower the magnesium levels in your blood. Hence, it is required to monitor the magnesium levels and take appropriate measures.
CINTODAC Capsule should be stored at room temperature (15-30°C) away from heat, light and moisture.
Consult your doctor to discuss the potential risks and benefits of CINTODAC Capsule during pregnancy.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.