Rs.72.00 (20% Savings)
Rs.88.00 (2% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is CILOGARD 20mg Tablet used for?
CILOGARD 20mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension.
CILOGARD 20mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CILOGARD 20mg Tablet work?
CILOGARD 20mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called calcium-channel blockers. It works by inhibiting the influx of calcium ions, thereby inhibiting the contraction of the smooth muscles. Thus, it helps in decreasing the blood pressure.
How to take CILOGARD 20mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CILOGARD 20mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of CILOGARD 20mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CILOGARD 20mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with CILOGARD 20mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CILOGARD 20mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of CILOGARD 20mg Tablet:
- Gastrointestinal disturbance
- Muscle ache
- Allergic reaction
- Low blood pressure
- Chest pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Thickening of the gums
- Abnormal liver function
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking CILOGARD 20mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to CILOGARD 20mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Be cautious while taking CILOGARD 20mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on CILOGARD 20mg Tablet.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of CILOGARD 20mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take CILOGARD 20mg Tablet
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking CILOGARD 20mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about CILOGARD 20mg Tablet
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking CILOGARD 20mg Tablet?
- Can I take carbamazepine while on CILOGARD 20mg Tablet medication?
- Can I stop taking CILOGARD 20mg Tablet if I feel better?
Yes, urinary vanillylmandelic acid (VMA) should be monitored while taking CILOGARD 20mg Tablet.
Consult your doctor before using any other drugs while on CILOGARD 20mg Tablet medication.
No. It is advised to take CILOGARD 20mg Tablet for the prescribed duration. Abrupt discontinuation would cause adverse effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.