Rs.50.12 (65% Savings)
Rs.72.60 (49% Savings)
Rs.74.00 (48% Savings)
Rs.77.00 (46% Savings)
Rs.78.00 (45% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet used for?
CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet capsule/dry syrup/oral drops/syrup/tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Ear infection
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Skin infection
- Urinary tract infections
CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet work?
CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called cephalosporin antibiotics. The drug acts by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis by binding to certain proteins and causes the death of bacteria. Thus, it reduces the bacterial infection.
How to take CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet capsule/dry syrup/oral drops/syrup/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Take dry syrup as per the guidelines printed on the leaflet.
- For oral drops , measure the required amount of drug in a graduated dropper and instil into the mouth.
- Shake the syrup well before using taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Decreased appetite
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Chest pain
- Dark urine
- Abdominal cramps
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver, kidney or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet
- How should CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to receive vaccines while taking CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet?
- Can CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet be taken by patients having a history of seizures?
- Can I undergo sugar test while taking CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet?
CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature (15 - 30°C) away from heat, light and moisture.
No. It is advised not to receive any vaccines while taking CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet, as the effect of vaccines gets reduced.
No. It is advised not to take CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet in patients having a history of seizures, as it worsens the condition.
No. It is advised not to undergo sugar test while taking CIDAFLOX DT 100mg Tablet, as it alters the test results.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.