CHAMPIX 0.5mg AND 1mg KIT
By Pfizer Limited Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg used for?
CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg helps smokers to quit smoking. It is often used along with behavioural therapy.
CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg work?
CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg belongs to the class of drugs called smoking cessation agents. This drug acts by blocking the action of nicotine from binding to and activating specific receptors. This results in decreased cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
How to take CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug after eating food.
If you miss a dose of CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg?
Drugs that interact with CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg?
The following are the most common side effects of CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg:
- Abdominal pain
- Trouble sleeping
- Unusual sweating
- Dry mouth
- Lack of energy
- Changes in appetite
- Muscle pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Shortness of breath
- Stomach upset
- Tightness in chest
- Trouble breathing
- Unusual hoarseness
- Swelling of face, mouth or throat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg or similar drugs.
- Limit the use of alcoholic beverages as it may worsen the side effects of CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg medication.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg.
- Inform the doctor if you are unable to quit smoking even after taking
- Notify the doctor if you experience agitation, depressed mood or changes in behaviour while taking CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg.
You are advised not to take CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney disease, mental disorders, heart disease or seizures.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg
- Is it safe to increase the dose of CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg medication?
- How should CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg medication be stored?
- Is it safe to take CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg while using medication for asthma?
- How long can I take CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg medication?
No. It is not advised to alter the dose of CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg medicine as it can increase the risk of side effects. Please consult your doctor.
CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg medication should be stored at room temperature, away from heat and excess moisture. Keep the medication out of the reach of children.
Consult your doctor before taking CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg medication if you are using any medication for asthma.
CHAMPIX 0.5mg and 1mg medication should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. It is usually prescribed for 12 weeks.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.