CELGEM 1gm Injection
By Alkem Laboratories Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.2,904.30 (54% Savings)
Rs.5,270.46 (17% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is CELGEM 1gm Injection used for?
CELGEM 1gm Injection is an anti-cancer drug, which is often used in combination with other chemotherapeutic drugs. CELGEM 1gm Injection is indicated for individuals with the following conditions:
- Ovarian cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Lung cancer
- Breast cancer
- Blood cancer
- Bone cancer
- Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
CELGEM 1gm Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CELGEM 1gm Injection work?
CELGEM 1gm Injection belongs to the class of drugs called anti-metabolites. The drug acts by interfering or blocking the DNA replication in the tumour cell. Thus, CELGEM 1gm Injection prevents the proliferation and propagation of the cancer cells.
How to administer CELGEM 1gm Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
CELGEM 1gm Injection is available in the form of an injection. Therefore, it should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of CELGEM 1gm Injection , please consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with CELGEM 1gm Injection ?
The drugs that interact with CELGEM 1gm Injection are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CELGEM 1gm Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of CELGEM 1gm Injection :
- Blood in urine
- Blurred vision
- Decreased white blood cell count
- Hair loss
- Increased sweating
- Joint pain
- Loss of appetite
- Reduced platelet count
- Sleeping disorders
- Weight loss
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Painful urination
- Shortness of breath
- Skin rash
- Vaginal bleeding
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while administering CELGEM 1gm Injection injection?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on CELGEM 1gm Injection
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the CELGEM 1gm Injection causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid CELGEM 1gm Injection during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Both men and women should avoid planning for a child while on CELGEM 1gm Injection medication or until six months after the therapy.
What should you tell your doctor before administering CELGEM 1gm Injection injection?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to CELGEM 1gm Injection .
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing heart problems or liver diseases.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about CELGEM 1gm Injection
- How should CELGEM 1gm Injection be stored?
- Should I follow any dietary restrictions while on CELGEM 1gm Injection therapy?
- Can I have vaccination while on CELGEM 1gm Injection therapy?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking CELGEM 1gm Injection ?
- How long can I take CELGEM 1gm Injection ?
CELGEM 1gm Injection is stored at controlled room temperature (20-25OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
While using CELGEM 1gm Injection , you must prefer low-salt diet as it may cause hypernatremia (increased serum sodium levels).
You must consult your doctor before taking any vaccination during the therapy.
Continuous monitoring of complete blood count is necessary, because CELGEM 1gm Injection medication may alter the blood cell count.
CELGEM 1gm Injection should be used only for the prescribed period.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.