What is CATLON Eye Drops used for?
CATLON Eye Drops eye drops are used during the pre and post cataract surgery.
CATLON Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CATLON Eye Drops work?
CATLON Eye Drops drug acts by maintaining the electrolyte and fluid balance, thereby controlling the osmotic pressure inside the eyes. Thus, it helps in water distribution and restoration of potassium and sodium ions.
How to use CATLON Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use CATLON Eye Drops eye drops as prescribed by your doctor.
- Instil one or two eye drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or surrounding tissue.
If you miss a dose of CATLON Eye Drops, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CATLON Eye Drops?
Drugs that interact with CATLON Eye Drops include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CATLON Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of CATLON Eye Drops:
- Temporary blurred vision
- Stinging of the eye
- Sensitivity to light
- Watery eyes
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe eye pain
- Persistent redness of the eye
- Constant eye irritation
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using CATLON Eye Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to CATLON Eye Drops or similar drugs.
- Maintain a gap of at least five to ten minutes before using any other eye drops.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if CATLON Eye Drops causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid using CATLON Eye Drops eye drops if the contents of the bottle have particles or change in the colour of the solution.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children
You are advised not to use CATLON Eye Drops if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using CATLON Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell the doctor if you have undergone any surgical procedure for the eye treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions about CATLON Eye Drops
- Is it safe to continue CATLON Eye Drops when there is persistent eye irritation?
- Does CATLON Eye Drops contains any preservatives?
- Is it safe to instil CATLON Eye Drops eye drops while wearing contact lenses?
Discontinue the use of CATLON Eye Drops and consult your doctor immediately if you experience a persistent eye irritation.
Yes. CATLON Eye Drops may contain preservative. Consult your doctor for the safe use.
Avoid using CATLON Eye Drops while using contact lenses as it may cause eye irritation.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.