What is CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET used for?
CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET is used for the treatment of malaria, rheumatic fever, rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus.
CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET work?
CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET belongs to the class of drugs called anti-malarial agents. The drug acts by increasing the pH in the intracellular space, thereby enhancing protein degradation. Thus, it prevents the growth and development of the malarial parasite.
How to take CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET may include:
- Irregular heart beat
What are the drugs that interact with CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET?
Drugs that interact with CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET?
The following are the most common side effects of CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET:
- Abdominal cramps
- Blurry vision
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blistering and peeling of the skin
- Chest discomfort
- Difficulty in breathing
- Discolouration of the eyes and skin
- Hearing impairment
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET?
- Be cautious while taking CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET.
You are advised not to take CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering, or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of decreased immunity, blood disorders, eye disorders, hepatic and renal impairment.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET
- I am on CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET for rheumatoid arthritis. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET?
- I am using CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET for malaria. I found changes in the menstrual cycle; can I continue using the medicine?
- Is it safe to use CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET for malaria in children?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET?
Do not stop taking CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET even if you feel better, as it might cause the illness to return.
No, do not alter or change the dose of CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET unless instructed by the doctor.
Yes, you can continue use of CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET as it does not affect the menstrual cycle. However, please consult your doctor in case of a missed period.
It can be used only when prescribed. A low dose of CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET can be used in children with malaria.
It is advised to have a regular check on the complete blood cell count while taking CARTIQUIN 300MG TABLET medicine.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.