CARPINOL Injection 1ml
By Sunways India Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is CARPINOL Injection used for?
CARPINOL Injection eye drops are used for the treatment of acute closed-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension.
CARPINOL Injection injection/tablet is used for the treatment of xerostomia (dry mouth) that may occur due to radiation therapy for head and neck cancer.
CARPINOL Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CARPINOL Injection work?
CARPINOL Injection belongs to the class of drugs called as the cholinergic agonists. This drug acts by binding to muscarinic receptors. CARPINOL Injection eye drops promote iris circular muscle contraction, which facilitates the outflow of aqueous humour and decreases the intracellular pressure.
CARPINOL Injection injection/tablet works by stimulating the exocrine glands. This stimulation causes increased secretion by exocrine glands such as sweat, salivary, lacrimal, gastric, pancreatic and intestinal glands.
How to use CARPINOL Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use CARPINOL Injection as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Instill one or two drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or its surrounding tissue.
- CARPINOL Injection injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of CARPINOL Injection , please consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with CARPINOL Injection ?
Drugs that interact with CARPINOL Injection injection/tablet include the following:
- Sodium Biphosphate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CARPINOL Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of CARPINOL Injection injection/tablet :
- Joint pain
The following are the most common side effects of CARPINOL Injection eye drops :
- Eye irritation
- Eye pain
- Blurred vision
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using CARPINOL Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to CARPINOL Injection or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while using CARPINOL Injection tablet/injection if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Avoid wearing contact lenses while using CARPINOL Injection eye drops. Remove them before instilling the eye drops and replacing them after 10 – 15 minutes.
What should you tell your doctor before using CARPINOL Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of eye diseases, autoimmune diseases, kidney dysfunction and liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about CARPINOL Injection
- What are the overdose symptoms of CARPINOL Injection tablet/injection?
- Does the use of CARPINOL Injection eye drops cause vision changes?
- What are the contraindications of CARPINOL Injection tablet/injection?
Overdose symptoms of CARPINOL Injection tablet/injection include vomiting, heavy sweating, irregular heartbeat, severe confusion, stomach cramps and uncontrolled diarrhoea. Please consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
Temporary blurred vision may occur after using CARPINOL Injection . Therefore, it is not recommended to drive or operate heavy machinery after using CARPINOL Injection .
Contraindications of CARPINOL Injection include mental disturbances, high blood pressure, bronchospasm and kidney stones.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.