CARNISURE PLUS Tablet 10's
What is CARNISURE PLUS Tablet used for?
CARNISURE PLUS Tablet is a dietary supplement used to treat vitamin deficiency. It is also used to meet the nutritional requirements in patients with liver disease, heart disease, and those who undergo renal dialysis. This combination is also used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Carnitine deficiency
- Decreased muscle mass
- Megaloblastic anaemia
- Iron-deficiency anaemia
- Pain in extremities
- Valproate toxicity
CARNISURE PLUS Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CARNISURE PLUS Tablet work?
In CARNISURE PLUS Tablet, Folic Acid belongs to the vitamin-B group. The drug acts by maintaining the normal production and maturation of red blood cells.
Levocarnitine belongs to the class of drugs called amino acid derivatives. Carnitine plays an important role in the energy production and prevents accumulation of toxic substances. Thus, the drug acts by correcting the levels of carnitine in the body.
Mecobalamin is an active form of vitamin B12. In anaemic conditions, the drug acts by increasing the red blood cell production.
How to take CARNISURE PLUS Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CARNISURE PLUS Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole, but do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the CARNISURE PLUS Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of CARNISURE PLUS Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CARNISURE PLUS Tablet?
Drugs that interact with CARNISURE PLUS Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CARNISURE PLUS Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of CARNISURE PLUS Tablet:
- Bone pain
- Muscle pain
- Stomach upset
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Persistent vomiting
- Decreased blood sugar levels
- Swelling of hands and feet
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions CARNISURE PLUS Tablet?
- Inform the doctor immediately if you experience an abnormal fall of blood sugar levels while taking CARNISURE PLUS Tablet.
- Avoid CARNISURE PLUS Tablet in case of allergic reactions.
You are advised not to take CARNISURE PLUS Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking CARNISURE PLUS Tablet?
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have hypersensitivity.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about CARNISURE PLUS Tablet
- How long can I take CARNISURE PLUS Tablet?
- Can I use CARNISURE PLUS Tablet to my 8-year-old child?
- How should CARNISURE PLUS Tablet be stored?
- I am on CARNISURE PLUS Tablet for iron-deficiency anaemia. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- What are the other formulations of CARNISURE PLUS Tablet available?
You must take the CARNISURE PLUS Tablet as per the doctor’s advice regarding dosage and duration.
No, CARNISURE PLUS Tablet should be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed.
Store the CARNISURE PLUS Tablet at room temperature (20 – 25OC), away from direct sunlight.
No, you must continue taking CARNISURE PLUS Tablet for the prescribed time. Please consult your doctor if you had to discontinue the medication.
CARNISURE PLUS Tablet is available only in the tablet dosage form.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.