What is CARNISURE 1gm Injection used for?
CARNISURE 1gm Injection is used in the treatment of carnitine deficiency in patients with end-stage renal disease who are undergoing dialysis.
CARNISURE 1gm Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CARNISURE 1gm Injection work?
CARNISURE 1gm Injection is an amino acid derivative, which is produced naturally in the body. It plays a significant role in the breakdown of fat to produce energy. Thus, it helps to carry out essential biological processes.
How to use CARNISURE 1gm Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
CARNISURE 1gm Injection injection is administered only under the supervision of a healthcare provider. Do not self-medicate.
For syrup dosage form, measure the prescribed amount of CARNISURE 1gm Injection liquid before taking each dose. Shake well before use.
Swallow the CARNISURE 1gm Injection tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take CARNISURE 1gm Injection with or without food.
If you miss a dose of CARNISURE 1gm Injection , consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with CARNISURE 1gm Injection ?
Warfarin is the only drug that interferes with CARNISURE 1gm Injection . Consult your doctor for other potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CARNISURE 1gm Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of CARNISURE 1gm Injection :
- Muscle pain
- Tingling sensation
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Muscle weakness
- Increased blood calcium levels
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using CARNISURE 1gm Injection ?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on CARNISURE 1gm Injection
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while using CARNISURE 1gm Injection
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if CARNISURE 1gm Injection causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Keep the medicine away from children.
- Inform the doctor if you have to undergo a surgery, including dental surgery.
What should you tell your doctor before using CARNISURE 1gm Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to CARNISURE 1gm Injection .
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing depression, liver or heart diseases.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about CARNISURE 1gm Injection
- Do I need to undergo any laboratory tests while using CARNISURE 1gm Injection ?
- Can I take Citalopram while using CARNISURE 1gm Injection ?
- What are the overdose symptoms of CARNISURE 1gm Injection ?
- Is it safe to use CARNISURE 1gm Injection with a family history of seizures?
Yes, your blood glucose levels should be monitored while using CARNISURE 1gm Injection . However, please consult your doctor.
No, do not take anti-depressants such as Citalopram while using CARNISURE 1gm Injection , as it may cause drug interactions. However, please consult your doctor.
The overdose symptoms of CARNISURE 1gm Injection include muscle cramps, allergic reactions, seizures, chills and fever. Please consult the doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
No, it is not advisable to use CARNISURE 1gm Injection while having a history of seizures. Please inform your doctor about your medical history.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.