CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops 3ml
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops used for?
CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops eye drops are used for the treatment of open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension.
CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops work?
In CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops, Bimatoprost belongs to the class of drugs called prostaglandin analogues. The drug acts by reducing the intraocular pressure by increasing the drainage of aqueous humor and maintains a normal pressure within the eyes.
Timolol belongs to the class of drugs called beta-blockers. The drug acts by reducing the production of aqueous humor, thereby reducing the pressure inside the eyes.
How to use CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops eye drops as prescribed by your doctor.
- Instil one or two CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops eye drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or surrounding tissue.
If you miss a dose of CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops?
Drugs that interact with CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops:
- Blurred vision
- Dry eyes
- Redness of the eye
- Burning sensation in the eye
- Eye discharge
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Conjunctival oedema
- Severe eye pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to use CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver, kidney or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops
- How should CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops be stored?
- Is it safe to use CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops in asthma patients?
- How long can I use CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops?
- When should I put back my contact lenses after using CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops?
Store CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops at room temperature and away from heat, light and moisture.
No, it is not advised to use CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops in asthma patients.
It is recommended to use CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops for the prescribed duration. Please consult the doctor if you have to discontinue the medication.
It is advised to put your contact lenses after 15 minutes of using CAREPROST PLUS Eye Drops.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.