CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet 10's
What is CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet used for?
CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet tablet/capsule is used for the treatment of high blood cholesterol levels and hypertension.
CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet work?
In CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet, Atorvastatin belongs to the class of drugs called dyslipidaemic agents. The drug has an anti-inflammatory effect, which helps in preventing heart attacks. It works by blocking an enzyme responsible for the synthesis of cholesterol in the body. Thus, it reduces bad cholesterol and triglycerides and increases good cholesterol.
Ramipril belongs to the class of drugs called ACE inhibitor drugs. It helps in relaxing the blood vessels by inhibiting the synthesis of a chemical (angiotensin II), which constricts the blood vessels. Thus, it reduces blood pressure and stress on the heart.
How to take CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet tablet/capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet:
- Muscle pain
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Increased heartbeat
- Chest tightness
- Blurred vision
- Yellowing of the eyes/skin
- Dark urine
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet?
- Avoid CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet if you are allergic to it.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet
- Avoid excess consumption of grapefruit juice.
- Consult your doctor before taking potassium supplements as CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet may increase potassium levels.
You are advised not to take CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, such as
liver and kidney disease, alcohol use, blood filtering procedures, such as LDL aphaeresis, dialysis and high level of potassium in the blood.
- Tell your doctor if you become pregnant while taking CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplement
Frequently Asked questions about CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet
- Is it safe to alter the dose of CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet?
- How should CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet be stored?
- Can I recommend CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet to others?
It is not advisable to alter the dose prescribed. Consult your doctor for dose-related queries.
Yes, it is advisable to monitor blood sugar levels regularly in diabetes patients as CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet may affect blood sugar levels.
CARDACE PROTECT 2.5mg Tablet should be stored between 20-25°C.
It is not advisable to recommend drugs to others as the severity of the condition and medical history is not same for every individual.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.