Rs.95.59 (48% Savings)
Rs.95.92 (48% Savings)
Rs.98.16 (47% Savings)
Rs.120.00 (35% Savings)
Rs.128.50 (30% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is CARDACE 10mg Tablet used for?
CARDACE 10mg Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension) . It is also used to reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes in heart patients.
CARDACE 10mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CARDACE 10mg Tablet work?
CARDACE 10mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors. The drug acts by reducing the synthesis of angiotensin II, which results in the relaxation of blood vessels. Thus, it widens the blood vessels and decreases the blood pressure.
How to take CARDACE 10mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CARDACE 10mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of CARDACE 10mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CARDACE 10mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with CARDACE 10mg Tablet include the following:
- Phenyl Salicylate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CARDACE 10mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of CARDACE 10mg Tablet:
- Excessive tiredness
- Stomach upset
- Unusual weakness
- Chest pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble breathing
- Yellowing of skin or eyes
- Sore throat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking CARDACE 10mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to CARDACE 10mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if CARDACE 10mg Tablet causes drowsiness or vision changes.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of CARDACE 10mg Tablet medication.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on CARDACE 10mg Tablet.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid taking salt substitutes, as it may increase the levels of serum potassium.
You are advised not to take CARDACE 10mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking CARDACE 10mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, Marfan syndrome, lupus, scleroderma, kidney dysfunction or liver problem.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you have low white blood cell count, as CARDACE 10mg Tablet can increase the risk of infections.
Frequently Asked questions about CARDACE 10mg Tablet
- Is it safe to use CARDACE 10mg Tablet medicine in geriatric patients?
- Can I take CARDACE 10mg Tablet capsule/tablet before undergoing a surgery?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of CARDACE 10mg Tablet medicine?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while using CARDACE 10mg Tablet medication?
Be cautious while using CARDACE 10mg Tablet medication in geriatric patients, as it may increase the risk of side effects. A dosage adjustment is required while using the drug in geriatric patients. Please consult your doctor.
Consult your doctor before taking CARDACE 10mg Tablet drug prior to a scheduled surgery.
No. Altering the dose of CARDACE 10mg Tablet medication may increase the risk of the side effects. Consult your doctor before making any dose adjustments.
Avoid using salt substitutes or potassium supplements while on CARDACE 10mg Tablet medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.