What is CANDIFEM Tablet used for?
CANDIFEM Tablet is used for the treatment of fungal and bacterial infection. It is also recommended to treat certain infections after surgery.
CANDIFEM Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CANDIFEM Tablet work?
In CANDIFEM Tablet, Miconazole belongs to the class of drugs called azole derivatives. This drug acts by inhibiting the synthesis of the fungal cell wall by interfering with the synthesis of ergosterol. This prevents the growth of fungi.
Ornidazole belongs to the class of drugs called 5-nitroimidazole derivatives. This drug acts by inhibiting the protein synthesis of the susceptible organism and causes cell death.
How to use CANDIFEM Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CANDIFEM Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the whole tablet but, do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Apply a thin layer of CANDIFEM Tablet cream on the affected area. Make sure that the area being treated is clean and dry before applying the medication.
What are the drugs that interact with CANDIFEM Tablet?
Drugs that interact with CANDIFEM Tablet tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CANDIFEM Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of CANDIFEM Tablet tablet:
- Dry skin
- Burning sensation
The following are the most common side effects of CANDIFEM Tablet cream:
- Itching, peeling, or dry skin
- Blisters on the skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using CANDIFEM Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to CANDIFEM Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if CANDIFEM Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid CANDIFEM Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
What should you tell your doctor before using CANDIFEM Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney or respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about CANDIFEM Tablet
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while using CANDIFEM Tablet tablet?
- Is it safe to use CANDIFEM Tablet in diabetic patients?
- How should I protect from sunburn while using CANDIFEM Tablet?
- Is it safe to use CANDIFEM Tablet in dermatitis patients?
Follow a regular diet while using CANDIFEM Tablet unless any dietary instructions provided by the doctor.
No. It is not safe to use CANDIFEM Tablet in diabetic patients. Please consult your doctor before using any drug if you have diabetes.
Apply sunscreen and wear protective clothing to prevent sunburn while using CANDIFEM Tablet.
No. It is not safe to use CANDIFEM Tablet in patients with dermatitis.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.