CALCIROL CT Tablet 4's
By Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is CALCIROL CT Tablet used for?
CALCIROL CT Tablet tablet/capsule/soft gel/powder/sachet/oral drops/injection/ syrup/chew gum/spray is used to treat or prevent osteoporosis and other bone disorders, such as rickets. It is also used in combination to treat kidney diseases to maintain calcium and phosphate levels.
CALCIROL CT Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CALCIROL CT Tablet work?
CALCIROL CT Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called vitamins. This drug acts by increasing the intestinal absorption of calcium and phosphorus. Thus, it helps in maintaining calcium and phosphorus levels.
How to use CALCIROL CT Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use CALCIROL CT Tablet tablet/capsule/soft gel /powder/sachet/oral drops/injection/syrup/chew gum/spray as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule/soft gel Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Empty the contents of powder/sachet into a glass of water, stir well to ensure the content is completely dissolved and consume immediately. It is recommended to take as per doctor’s instructions.
- For CALCIROL CT Tablet oral drops, please follow the instructions provided in the leaflet.
- CALCIROL CT Tablet injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
- In case of syrup dosage form, shake the suspension well before taking each dose to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- CALCIROL CT Tablet chew gum should be chewed without swallowing it.
- CALCIROL CT Tablet spray should be shaken well before use and is to be sprayed into the mouth under the tongue.
If you miss a dose of CALCIROL CT Tablet, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CALCIROL CT Tablet?
Drugs that interact with CALCIROL CT Tablet include the following:
- Aluminium hydroxide
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CALCIROL CT Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of CALCIROL CT Tablet:
- Increased thirst
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Unusual tiredness
- Increased urination
- Mood alterations
- Loss of appetite
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using CALCIROL CT Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to CALCIROL CT Tablet or any of its ingredient drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking CALCIROL CT Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take CALCIROL CT Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using CALCIROL CT Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of Hypervitaminosis, malabsorption, kidney and liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you become pregnant while using CALCIROL CT Tablet.
Frequently Asked questions about CALCIROL CT Tablet
- What are the overdose symptoms of CALCIROL CT Tablet?
- What are the natural sources of CALCIROL CT Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking CALCIROL CT Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of CALCIROL CT Tablet?
The overdose symptoms of CALCIROL CT Tablet include seizures, confusion, and irregular heartbeat.
The natural sources of CALCIROL CT Tablet include eggs, cod liver oil, chicken liver, dairy products, and fatty fish.
Yes, laboratory parameters, such as calcium, magnesium and phosphorous levels must be monitored while taking CALCIROL CT Tablet.
The contraindications of CALCIROL CT Tablet include kidney stones, arteriosclerosis, and excessive amounts of calcium and phosphate in the blood.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.