CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet 10's
By Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
Rs.7.90 (47% Savings)
Rs.8.64 (43% Savings)
Rs.8.74 (42% Savings)
Rs.9.25 (39% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet used for?
CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and angina pectoris.
CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet work?
CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-anginal drugs. This drug acts by dilating the peripheral and coronary blood vessels and reduces the afterload on the heart. Thus, it helps in decreasing blood pressure and chest pain.
How to take CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet tablets with or without food.
If you miss a dose of CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet, take it once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet include the following:
- Decreased blood pressure
- Decreased heartbeat
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet:
- Gastrointestinal disturbances
- Eye pain
- Visual impairment
- Mood alterations
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Increased heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice 3 days before taking and while on CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet medication.
- Be cautious while taking CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet if:
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, heart attack, ulcers or heart failure.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet
- How should CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet be stored?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet tablets?
- Is it safe to use CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet in elderly?
Store CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet tablets at room temperature (15 – 30OC). Protect from light, heat, and moisture.
Yes, it is advised to consume low-fat and low-sodium diet while on CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet medication.
CALCIGARD RETARD 10mg Tablet should be used with caution in elderly. Consult your doctor before using the drug.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.