CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet 10's
By Abbott Health Care Solutions Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet used for?
CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension, angina pectoris and supraventricular arrhythmias. It is also used to prevent myocardial infarction and other cardiac conditions.
CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet work?
CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called calcium channel blockers. This drug acts by inhibiting the influx of calcium ions into the vascular smooth cells. This prevents the contraction of the cardiac muscle, thereby dilating the coronary and systemic arteries. Thus, it reduces the blood pressure.
How to take CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Dark urine
- Unusual weight gain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Increased sweating
- Paleness of skin and eyes
- Chest pain
- Skin reactions
- Sleep disturbances
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of myasthenia gravis, heart disease, liver or kidney disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet.
- If you have to undergo any surgery or medical procedure, you must inform the doctor about the use of CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet
- I am on CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet for angina pectoris. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet?
Do not stop taking CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet tablet even if you feel better. Please consult the doctor.
Do not eat grapefruit or consume grapefruit juice and alcohol while taking CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet tablet as it may reduce the absorption of the drug.
Do not alter the dose of CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet tablet without consulting the doctor as altering the drug dose may increase the risk of side effects.
It is advised to monitor your blood pressure, heart rate, ECG and liver function test periodically while taking CALAPTIN 80mg Tablet tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.