What is BYMULTITI TABLET used for?
BYMULTITI TABLET is a cognitive enhancer medicine, which is used for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
BYMULTITI TABLET may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does BYMULTITI TABLET work?
BYMULTITI TABLET belongs to the class of drugs called nootropics. Ginkgo biloba helps in regulation of blood flow and neurotransmission modulation.
Piracetam is a GABA analogue and acts by improving the function of a neurotransmitter called acetylcholine. Thus, it improves learning and memory processes in patients with Alzheimer’s disease. Vinpocetine increases blood flow to the brain and heart and protects it from further damage.
How to take BYMULTITI TABLET?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take BYMULTITI TABLET as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole, but do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with food to prevent stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of BYMULTITI TABLET, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with BYMULTITI TABLET?
Drugs that interact with BYMULTITI TABLET include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of BYMULTITI TABLET?
The following are the most common side effects of BYMULTITI TABLET:
- Gastrointestinal discomfort
- Increased muscular activity
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Increased muscular activity
- Walking difficulties
- Movement disorder
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions BYMULTITI TABLET?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to BYMULTITI TABLET or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may cause excessive dizziness when taken with BYMULTITI TABLET.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the BYMULTITI TABLET cause dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid BYMULTITI TABLET during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take BYMULTITI TABLET if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discoloration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking BYMULTITI TABLET?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney problem, neurological problems, brain haemorrhage , bleeding problems, HIV/AIDS or a weakend immune system.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about BYMULTITI TABLET
- How should BYMULTITI TABLET be stored?
- I am on BYMULTITI TABLET for Alzheimer’s disease. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- What are the other formulations available for BYMULTITI TABLET?
- Can I take Warfarin while on BYMULTITI TABLET?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking BYMULTITI TABLET?
Store the drug at room temperature and avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
No, you must continue using BYMULTITI TABLET until your doctor advises you to stop using it.
BYMULTITI TABLET medicine is available only as tablets.
BYMULTITI TABLET may decrease platelet aggregation. So, blood thinners such as Warfarin should be avoided while on BYMULTITI TABLET.
There are no laboratory parameters that have to be monitored while using BYMULTITI TABLET. However, you must consult the doctor if you experience any of the severe side effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.